Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week-end in Knysna

We spent the week-end in Knysna, a popular destination along South Africa's famous Garden Route. We got to visit Monkeyland and an elephant sanctuary. We also hit Adventureland (a small water park) and tried some oysters.
The apartment we rented was on Thesen Island and we had fun in its swimming pool. Here is Nicholas and Dadda having a bundle of fun doing roley poley and leg splashes.
But that all ended when Momma came up lookin' for a kiss. Yes, he is truly my son, he can't resist giving Momma a kiss!
The longest suspension bridge in South Africa in Monkeyland. Nicholas was so mad at me because he wanted to walk by himself, but I made him hold my hand all the way across.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun! We can't wait to see you!! Kirsten talks about her cousin, Nicholas, all the time and her "sweetie" Cheerio. We're excited to see both but mostly Nicholas.

Annie said...

I love the pictures - the one of Nicholas giving Carrie a kiss is just too cute. I'll have to show the boys the elephant pictures.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time..such fun adventures! I love the shot of Nicholas kissing mama! Those kind of moments are to die for :-)

Tyler and Rachael said...

awesome---