Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fantastic Weekend

We drove down to L.A. this past weekend so I could run a half-marathon on Saturday morning.  It was my first trail run, and I had a great time.  I loved running towards the finish line and seeing Mike and Nicholas cheering me on.

IMG_2437 IMG_2438 The post-race activities were fantastic…see that little boy climbing the big slide.  That’s Nicholas, and that’s as far as he made it before he decided it was too tall for him.  He preferred the bouncy house next to it.

IMG_2444 We went swimming at the hotel that evening.  I love my boys, they make me so happy!!!!

 

IMG_2446

We had a great time, and we got to visit with our friends the Methenys (we forgot the camera) and their three cute kids.  All in all, it was a fun and memorable weekend!!!

4 comments:

Debora said...

Yes!!! Makes me happy to see you and your boys so happy. Congrats on the race, too. (How long does it take for you to drive to LA? How long of a drive to Santa Barbara?)

Unknown said...

Fun times! Glad you got to race too

Carrie said...

The short (and boring route) takes 5 1/2 hours. The more interesting one (and the one that goes through Santa Barbara takes about 6). It's about 5 1/2 hours to Santa Barbara from our house. Beautiful place!!

Debora said...

When we come out for a baby blessing this summer- maybe Ron and I should fly in near you and drive with you to Santa Barbara? Just an idea :)