Friday, December 10, 2010

Cake Time

 

Dec2010 005 Dec2010 007

I finished up the last course in cake decorating last week (3 1-month courses in total) and have put some of what I’ve learned to use.  The top cake is the final cake I made for my fondant/gum paste class and I was happy my mom was here to share it with us (her favorite color is yellow so that’s why I chose that design).  It was a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling.  The bottom cake is what I made for our ward Christmas party.  It was chocolate with peppermint filling and icing.  Thanks to my sweetheart for supporting me in this learning process…he does admit the end products are yummy : )  For me I’m taking a little break (the baby doesn’t need any more fat and I’m tired…each cake probably takes about 12-15 hours).  All fun though!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Beautiful cakes Carrie- great job! That is a lot of time and effort!