Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday at the Beach

 

IMG_1206 IMG_1207 IMG_1208 IMG_1215 IMG_1219

Chevron has some beach areas on a small island near Luanda. It takes about 15 min drive and then 20 min boat ride to get there. They have umbrellas, picnic tables, BBQ and a few beach houses with ping pong, pool tables, and areas to rest. It’s pretty typical for the expat families to spend their Saturdays here on a nice day. One of our neighbors went with us today, and we had the place to ourselves. It wasn’t sunny, so that may have deterred some folks, but I didn’t mind (since me and the sun should not be seeing each other much), and the kids especially had tons of fun playing in the sand and finding shells and coconuts. Ryan got fussy because he skipped his naps, but he loved the wind blowing in his face on the boat rides and smiled the whole way. If I were him, though, I’d be fussy too if I had to wear the blubber vest (infant life vest), which is pretty restrictive.

No comments: