Friday, June 10, 2011

P90X

Well, Mike and I are on to our next fitness challenge. We made it through the first week of P90X, a fitness/diet program. It lasts for 90 days and is a 3 phase diet program with an hour-hour 1/2 exercise everyday. It incorporates yoga, martial arts, strength training, cardio, stretching, basically everything. We're not too sore, which is great. We think it will be a good change up to what we're used to doing and will get us back into shape after having Ryan. Of course, some of the exercises I'm not a fan of (like Kenpo or plyometrics), but sometimes I figured I'd just do what I like instead of those...like running and swimming. I've signed up for a 10K race in July so I'm excited to get back to running. And yay...Mike ordered a nice treadmill for us. So we're getting back in the game. It took us about a year to get back after we had Nicholas so we're doing good if we can get back into shape by the time Ryan's six months old in July : ) We won't terrify you with the before pictures we took, but we'll post the after pictures once we finish P90X. And then we'll have to find a new routine again once we move to Angola.

3 comments:

Debora said...

I need to know what's in the diet, so I know what NOT to feed Mike next week.

Carrie said...

Basically, just cut down on the carbs and increase the protein. So lots of beef, fish, chicken, vegetables. Small treats are okay (on his birthday we split a mini cinnamon roll : ). Thanks for taking good care of him next week. It will be nice knowing he's in good hands : )

Debora said...

What about potatoes, corn and shrimp? We eat a lot of lean meat and veggies any way- we will just skip the dessert :)