Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nicholas’ 6th Birthday–Birds : )

 

I know I’m a little behind but better late than never right?  Nicholas turned 6 on May 21 and even though I had said it wasn’t a party year, I caved.  We had his friends from school and church over and even though it was a little chilly outside they loved the water balloons and “pool” we had set up for them.  We also had bird stuff to do and I even found a toucan shaped pinata that the kids loved.

Nicholas6birthday 009

Nicholas6birthday 012

Nicholas wanted a bird cake (I was thinking, how in the world am I going to make a cake in the shape of a toucan?).  I eventually decided to just make flowers and trees and then put tropical birds on the cake.  Nicholas loved it and it was really yummy…strawberry cake with cream cheese filling.

Nicholas6birthday 017

We can’t believe Nicholas is 6…time flies!!  We’re so glad Grammie and Grandpa helped us celebrate and that the party was a success.  We love you Nicholas!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good job on the cake! Fun theme. I try to pick their favorite things too - funny how sometimes that is birds or apples. (Did an apple party for Nathan's 5th). Looks like fun!

Happy birthday Nicholas!