Friday, May 1, 2009

Oops, we did it again!!

I guess we couldn't get enough of the pain from our first marathon and had to do another one. We did the Big Sur marathon last weekend and survived to tell the tale.
This is the final stretch. It was a beautiful race and I felt good the whole time. It was nice knowing Nicholas was waiting for us with my dad and stepmom at the finish line.
Victory! Mike looks great despite the chilly wind and never ending hills.
Mike mastered his cramps at mile 20 and came in strong at the finish line. I'm so proud of him and am grateful that we got to run another race together. What a great experience!!
I'Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

JTuffy said...

you guys are nuts, copngrats

Debora said...

Short term memory loss- just like having babies :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

nice work!!!

jenny said...

Yay! You guys are my inspiration! I'm really thinking of doing the Philly marathon in November. What was the program you said you did? Was it Jeff Galloway?

Carrie said...

Yep, we followed the Jeff Galloway program and it worked great for us!

Annie said...

I knew you were going to want to do another one... awesome!