I tend to read stuff in spurts so here's a couple groups of good books I've read recently. It's interesting to get different points of view on similar topics for a richer learning experience.
- Who Moved my Cheese? - dealing with change
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari - the Heart of the Rose technique is a really powerful way to improve controlling your thoughts!
- The Alchemist
- La Buena Suerte/ Good Luck: Claves De La Prosperidad
Very interesting to compare & contrast the themes and ideas in these 4 books.
- Winter in Kandahar by Steven Wilson - historical novel set during war in Afghanistan
- Ascent from Darkness - sequel to Winter in Kandahar. Historical novel set in Syria & Iraq during Iraq War
- Three Cups of Tea - true story of Greg Mortensen's efforts to promote peace by building schools for girls in Pakistan during the rise of the Taliban
Great reads - really helped me fill in my hole of ignorance about this part of the world. None was as well written, however, as The Kite Runner and a Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.