Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Treats

Every year, I always make Halloween theme foods.  Mike must’ve caught the spirit because when Nicholas and I woke up this morning, we found these cute faces waiting for us at breakfast.  Even Cheerio got a few bites of waffle and whipped cream in his bowl : )  Yummy!

003 

When I asked Mike and Nicholas what kind of cake they wanted, they both agreed on lemon.  Nicholas wanted the piece with the spider on it.

005 

I got this idea online to make meatloaf rats.  Doesn’t sound appetizing, but they turned out pretty tasty.  The meatloaf was wrapped around a cube of cheese so when you cut into them, it oozed out. 

006 

Meatloaf “rat” on “lice rice” and spaghetti squash “guts”.  I know, I know…but the boys loved it.

011 

Hmmm, this looks weird but tastes okay, what is mama up to today?  I used every dish in the house, but I had fun making a Halloween meal for my boys.

014

4 comments:

Annie said...

Barf! That looks disgusting! I bet it taste good though, if you didn't think about biting that rat's head off and guts squishing out...

WhiteEyebrows said...

Love it! You guys go all out!

That's kind of what my dinner looked like yesterday as well. But it wasn't on purpose... :(

Jeri said...

very creative!!!

Jenny said...

EW- RATS? WOW- now that's the MOST creative halloween dish I've seen yet. Send that picture in to Family Fun Magazine- you're sure to get posted! Very talented, but ugh- I hate rats. :)