Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feeling good about feeling good

After a 2 week hiatus from the gym to catch a few extra z's and get over a persistent & unpredictable cough, I was just thinking this morning on the way to work how good it feels to feel good again. During the normal, good times, I don't fully appreciate it. It's nice to get up early, hit the gym, get the blood pumping, and be fully awake for scripture time. It's nice to walk into work feeling like the day has already meant something. Plus the sun is shining. Life is good...until Carrie calls and says she did the mile swim already at the gym and here I was feeling proud of doing a 1/2 mile. Oh well, Carrie always shows me up. That's why I married her and that's why she does most of the raising of our son and not me. She gives me a longer leash to mess up Cheerio - poor boy! - he's 4 now...I guess that makes him about 28. He's getting so set in his ways that he can't be molded much anymore. He urrs in defiance when he can't sleep with us and he expects a bone after Nicholas going to bed. And he doesn't want to get out of bed until at least 7:30am, sometimes later. Just some thoughts!

1 comment:

Debora said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the dog :)